This was super cheap. Cooking sweet potatoes in a skillet was perfect. This is a simple and clean tasting dish with the perfect mix of textures and flavors. I love wilted spinach and the kielbasa’s saltiness balanced out the starch. I need to make this again, very soon.
- Cube sweet potatoes into small piece and cook in a skillet with salt & oil (I’d recommend bacon grease)
- Keep in eye on it, mix it around and add more grease
- Chop an onion & bell pepper and add that to a NEW greased up pot with a dash of salt
- When the onions start to soften add sliced up kielbasa to the pot
- Once the onions & bell peppers are cooked and the skillet of sweet potatoes are cook COMBINED
- Mix in some fresh greens (spinach or arugula). Maybe top with fresh jalapeno. ENJOY
For more details of this recipe watch the video below. This was inspired by a Two Bit Club recipe.