These are as much fudge as they are brownies. And they’re a dessert really all of their own. Fudge & Brownie is more of a reference. I’ve made these a million times. I have made these too dark (a lot more chocolate to sweetener ratio) but even then I got my pleasure centers lighting up. I’ve made these with dates as the only sweetener but I find good ol high fructose agave syrup to be my jam, it is the easiest to work with. I’m pretty shitty at baking so trust your intuition when you’re giving a go at these. Less liquid, do not make the batter runny. These are not chocolate cupcakes so doesn’t expect fluffy, pillowy awesomeness. These are somewhat gooey…oh I want some. Since they’re low calorie and pretty much just beans garnished with baking spices you can eat these as a meal.
- Blend a can of rinsed black beans with the following
- 4 TB cacao/chocolate powder
- 2 TB saturated fat (coconut oil, palm oil, vegan butter, etc)
- 4 TB sweetener
- (maybe a tiny amount of water to ensure gooey-ness. optional, I’ve made it with and without)
- (another maybe is 1 ts of baking soda. I’ve used it & not used it)
- Pour in cupcake liner and bake at 375 and check them after 15 minutes. These will not become solid but will firm up in the fridge. Do a toothpick test to see if the water has baked out it them or not.
For more details on this recipe watch my video below. This was inspired by a Minimalist Baker recipe.