These bars are made with 5 ingredients and 3 of them are optional. Have you heard of “2 ingredient cookies”? Oatmeal & bananas, that’s it! But this time instead of making those cookies with cinnamon & raisins I figured I’d make breakfast bars with double chocolate. I’ve been geeking out on Feasting On Fruit‘s blog which indirectly inspired me to make this. I’ll try following one of her amazing recipes one day soon. These are super chewy & only take 2 seconds to whip up.
*After making a million batches of these I found that you can make these better (aka not so gummy) by either doubling the oatmeal or using half the amount of bananas. You can make these banana-free by using applesauce instead! I use the little pre-portion cups so that I don’t have to wait on ripe bananas or open a whole jar of applesauce. It’s not as flavorful but it’s ultra convenient.
2 large bananas (280 grams), 1 cup oatmeal (80 grams), 3 TB agave, 2 TB cocoa powder, 2 TB chocolate chips (22 grams)
- Mash 2 bananas and mix in 1 cup oatmeal
- Add 3 TB agave and mix then 2 TB cocoa powder and mix
- Spray cooking tray and pour the mixture into a rectangle
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top & press into mix
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Allow these bars to cool before cutting. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below.