Once again grilled cauliflower and potatoes makes their grand entrance. The curry sauce made here is Mark’s way which is much different from my curry sauce. His is more of a paste with strong spices where mine is more of a cream sauce using similar flavors. I love this dish. Potatoes and cauliflower grilled together are the perfect veggie combo. The sauce is legit and grilled pineapple is a gift from the gods. We did use hatched chilies which may be spicy for some people so change that to a heatless pepper if needed. We grilled the pineapple with my beloved thrift store George Foreman Grill but you could probably just oil a pan or use a waffle maker for the grill. This recipe serves 2.
2 servings of cooked rice (cooked with 1 anise star), 3 medium potatoes, head of cauliflower, 3 hatched green chile peppers, 2.5 TB oil, 2 tomatoes, 4 TB coconut milk, cilantro, spices (1 TB coriander, 1 TB turmeric, 1 TB cumin, 1 ts chili powder, 1 ts fenugreek, pinch of garlic & onion powder)
- Cut potatoes into small cubes and mix with .5 TB oil. Put on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt.
- Chop cauliflower into small pieces and mix with 2 TB oil. Put on a baking tray and sprinkle with salt. Bake both trays of veggies at 400 degrees for 45 minutes. The more golden and burnt the edges of the cauliflower the better.
- Put 4 TB of coconut milk from a can into a blended. Add 2 chopped tomatoes and 3 chilies with their seeds removed. Discard the bottom inch of cilantro stems. Cut a middle inch of the cilantro stems for the blender. BLEND!
- Pour your sauce from the blender into a pan and set to simmer.
- In a small bowl mix 1 TB coriander, 1 TB turmeric, 1 TB cumin, 1 ts chili powder, 1 ts fenugreek, pinch of garlic & onion powder and 1 ts salt. Mix spiced together then add to the sauce to simmer.
- Slice 4 rounds of pineapple and place on the grill til golden.
- Once pineapple is grilled set aside.
- Plate rice in 2 bowls. Mix veggies with sauce and place on top of rice. Top with pineapple and cilantro. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below