This was 100% amazing. I was thinking the crust might come out a little dry. And that I was wasting an opportunity to enjoy a really nice pizza but I was wrong. This vegan calzone was sooooo good! Whatever you like about a grilled cheese sandwich this calzone has. And maybe even better. Dipping sauce is a must. Why am I so surprised that melted vegan cheese with dough is awesome? I used grated daiya cheese but I’m 99% sure their sliced cheese would have been better. I’m pretty sure their sliced vegan cheese is stretchy, melty goodness while their brick cheese & shredded cheese just doesn’t hold the same visual appeal. Good either way!
1 lb pizza dough (I used trader joes), shredded or sliced vegan cheese, vegan pepperoni, oil and spices & salt (flour for handling dough)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and place your cookie sheet in the preheated oven
- Coat your hands and working space with flour. Form dough into a ball and cut into 4 pieces. Stretch each of those into semi oval-semi rectangular shapes.
- Lay 4 or so pieces of vegan pepperoni down on one half of the dough
- Put about an ounce or more cheese on top. I used a small handful. Just enough to full the pouch while still being able to pinch it closed.
- Pinch pouch closed. Carefully poke holes along the top.
- Coat top with oil and season with salt and dried herbs.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until crust is golden. Serve with pasta sauce. ENJOY
For more details on this recipe watch my video below